Friday 8 June 2007

Lie ins, a diet of Gatorade and Burger King chips, and strolling Oaxaca streets…

After a peaceful sleep for me, and a not so peaceful sleep for Emma, we both wake up feeling like we have been hit by a bus. Me on one hand, simply drained but recovering from the past day, whereas poor Emma has succumbed to a similar state as I was in yesterday.

While the rest of the group visited the Monte Alban ruins, which have been described to me as very beautiful, ornate and descriptive, yet mostly restored, Emma and I spent the morning in bed. Leaving the hotel only to venture to Burger King for some bland fries to fill our empty stomachs. After my energy is restored thanks to a few bottles of Gatorade, I join some other group members and take a scenic stroll through Oaxaca, a large, lively student city where it is recommended to visit the aromatic food markets to try the spices, cheeses and even grilled grasshoppers. There are many stunning buildings and churches in the town, and while we laid relatively low today, I didn’t feel like I missed out on too much.

No comments: